Heart, Head, Hands
Here’s the daily schedule of how we’re going to apply the Heart, Head, Hands framework at the School of Rock Worship. Each “Session” represents about an hour.
- Session 1: HEART ~ Every morning we begin with a daily devotional study of the “Life of David: A Teenage Worshiper” We’ll explore what made David known as a man after God’s own heart. We’ll start each day by putting the First Commandment in first place.
- Session 2: HANDS ~ Next, small group instruction in each category of instrument – guitars, keys, bass, drums, other instruments and vocals.
- Session 3: HANDS ~ Campers will rehearse in their bands with coaching in the rock band format. They will select and develop a repertoire of 3-4 songs. [Then Lunch break - about 30 minutes]
- Session 4: HEAD ~ Each afternoon we’ll have large group “electives” which will vary each day but will cover: the basics of music, vocals, songwriting. We may also teach improvisation based on the “harp & bowl” model and “Intro to Recording” if there is time and interest.
- Session 5: HANDS ~ More small group/private instruction in each category of instrument – guitars, keys, bass, drums, other instruments and vocals.
- Session 6: HANDS~ The final session of the day will be band rehearsal with coaching in the rock band format for each of the bands.
Photo: Guitar Class in Romania where I taught at the Scola de Inchinare